Wednesday, June 9, 2010

IF_Trail

This is my entry for this weeks prompt Trail for Illustration Friday.  I'm not loving it and I'm not sure what it is I don't like about it, but I haven't gotten to participate in several weeks now, so I'm posting it anyway. I had every intention of doing a completely new illustration tonight after I put my grandson to bed. Instead, I had surprise company and had to make an impromptu dinner for the unexpected guests. Now it is getting late, so I guess I am stuck with this one. I keep waiting for things to slow down and  looking forward to having time to do multiple illustrations, get caught up, touch base with friends and try some new things, but I'm still not there yet. Maybe next week!
Thanks for visiting! Comments are welcome and appreciated!

12 comments:

  1. Great illo!Love the character and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen! Your little doggie is wonderful! I like how he's standing on the leash :o) Very nice... sometimes we are too hard on ourselves. I love this! Life can be so hectic sometimes... and then suddenly it's peaceful... hoping for some peaceful times for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, yes Jack, some peace and free time would be glorious right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..so sweet and lovely illustration..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it, Karen! Especially the way you've integrated the lovely textures and patterns. I can relate to the feelings of not being quite satisfied with our pieces before time runs out and we need to post, sometimes the week is just too short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, we should never worry about time, because anxiety is the enemy of the artist. if not today then tomorrow, but think that there is never time wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, the textures of the grass and trees are a great detail. All of your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww... sweet! I know, I feel like I've been treading water lately too! I hope you will be able to enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, yes. And beautiful pattern in the grass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Karen it's a fine work, grande compostion, wonderful subject matter. Beautiful textures. I wonder why you don't like it?

    Perhaps it's that the dog is more 3d than the girl, who is in flat profile? Especially the face. We look at the girls face "first" then where she is looking, so maybe it is that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! Very, very sweet. She has such joy in her face. And I love the subtle pattern that you put in the landscape.

    Don't you just love it when people drop by unexpectedly and you gotta feed them?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are the best!!!