Tuesday, November 24, 2009

finished illustration

So, I finally finished the illustration from my first IF entry and I like it. I don't love it, but I did finish it. I may work on it more later or just let it go and be happy with the fact that I made myself go back and finish it. I have really been trying to do that lately. I am notorious for starting a project and not finishing it. The older I get the more I try to make myself finish what I start even if I am not completely happy with it.


  1. Ooh, excellent! The wood floors are fantastic, and so are all the soft ruffles and undulations on the bedsheets and jammies. Hooray for finishing it!

    Thanks for your comment, Karen. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

  2. What nice textures + patterns... the wallpaper, carpet, floor, teddy. Looks great!

  3. I like this a lot. Someone told me that it wasn't reasonable to expect to LOVE more than 25% of a pieces you make--but you have to make the other 75% to get the ones you love, and that certainly seems true for me. It's only when I'm making art regularly that I make pieces that I really really like. I really like the colors in this, and his expression. The perspective on the floor and bed unsettles my stomach a little, but perhaps that's part of the disorientation of him being out of bed when he should be IN bed!


Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are the best!!!