Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mystic

Work in progress for Monday Artday's prompt "Mystic". I'm also working on portfolio pieces. So I hope to use this one for both. It is based on my best friends daughter (the one with curly red hair and the attitude) and a made up group of friends. I'm hoping she won't mind being the muse and focal point. Maybe, I'll get it done for Monday Artday too. I had a hard time deciding what to do for Mystic, but that's why I love random prompts! They make you think and draw things you might not normally do. It's great exercise artistically for me and it keeps me drawing most days.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! This is fresh and full of life-- love the attitude! I enjoyed seeing how you work and the illustration in your last post, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Krista! I really appreciate the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is really great, I love the red head and the cat in the background too! I just posted a piece about how I work. I had been wanting to get to featuring this for months and you really helped me jump on it - I said as much, so I hope YOU don't mind me mentioning you! You were a big help getting me to draw more often, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, thank you Susan Beth, I am so flattered!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! You are the best!!!